Study one semester at SRH Campus Hamburg
Whether you're joining us from a partner university or from somewhere else entirely: at SRH Campus Hamburg you'll be sure to have unforgettable experiences and make some lovely memories.
The benefits of a semester abroad
Want to experience new things, get to know another city and other students, or even learn a new language? Why not opt for a semester abroad with us at SRH Campus Hamburg? Since most of our study programmes are held in English, you'll have no problem familiarising yourself with the subject matter (provided you possess adequate English language skills). You can also earn credits towards your studies.
One Semester in Hamburg How to apply
Is your university a partner of the SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences?
Then your home university can nominate you for an exchange semester at our university. Further advantanges and requirements are:
- You don't need to pay our tuition fees
- You must have completed at least one year of your studies before enrolling at SRH and you must still be enrolled at your home university
- You must be proficient in the language of instruction of your desired SRH study programme
- You must have secured sufficient funds for accommodation and personal living expenses for your stay abroad (Erasmus funding, self-financing etc.)
Exchange semester application process
- Apply for an exchange semester with us at your home university and get nominated. Your university will provide you with all relevant information.
- As soon as you have been nominated by your home university and we have subsequently been informed, you may apply via our online portal with the following documents: copy of passport/ID, CV, current transcript of records, proof of necessary language skills (language of instruction). The application deadlines are: 31 May (winter semester) and 31 October (summer semester).
- We then issue your letter of admission. If you require a visa, you will need to provide your letter of admission with your visa application. Please check with the German Embassy in your country whether you'll need a visa (more information on visas here). We will also send you the Student Welcome Guide which contains helpful information on health insurance, accommodation, etc.
- You get to choose your courses for your semester abroad. We advise you to discuss your choices with your university in order to ensure that they will be recognised.
Your university is NOT a partner university of SRH Berlin University of Applied Sciences?
Nevermind, you can still come to us for your semester abroad. Please consider the following when applying:
- You must be enrolled at another university and must meet the language requirements (language of instruction) of your desired SRH programme
- Make sure to apply via our online portal with the following documents: copy of passport/ID, proof of academic results from your university, CV, proof of language proficiency (if required)
- The application deadlines for a study abroad semester are: 15 June (winter semester) and 15 November (summer semester)
- Tuition fees: EU/EEA students - EUR 4500 per semester (up to 30 ECTS); non-EU/non-EEA students - EUR 5100 per semester (up to 30 ECTS)
- Tip: discuss your course selection with your home university so that you can take as many recognised courses as possible